Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mississippi Roast

So. Fun fact about the Boyle family. We do not really like roasts. I know. Terribly exciting. 

However, since we purchase a quarter of a cow every so often, we have an abundance of roasts.

So that's kind of a problem. 

I've tried many different kinds of roasts over the years. I've even gotten advice from some very fabulous cooks. Most of them say something like "OHHHHHHH, this is the best recipe ever. You just put the roast in the crockpot, add a can of soup...or spice...or condiment...or vegetable. SO EASY!" 

Well. It's apparently just not that easy for me. Because I've never had a roast turn out like anything Scott and I ever wanted to eat again. Womp Womp. 

I was reading a blog (Kelly's Korner) post last week and stumbled upon something called "The Mississippi Roast." Even though the ingredients did not sound like you should put them together, I decided to give it one more try.  

Mississippi Roast

Chuck Roast 
1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)
1 packet of Au Jus Dressing (I used McCormick)
5 pepperoncinis 
1 stick of butter
NO WATER
Cook in crockpot on low 7-8 hours (my crockpot cooks really fast so I cooked it for about 6 hours and it was so tender)

Oh.my.word. Divine. 

This is not my picture. I served it right out of the crockpot because I'm fancy like that. 
www.thehungryhousewife.com
I served it on rolls with a side of green beans. And I cant wait to have it again. Scott ate it that night and for the next lunch and dinner. We have definitely found our winner roast.

Most of you fantastic cooks out there have probably already made this a million times. But if you haven't, make it! And lest you think, "I'm not making this because I do not like those ingredients." Believe me, I have never eaten nor will I ever eat a pepperoncini. Ever. And I don't eat gravy when it is served either but the mixture of these ingredients together is the bomb. Yum!

No comments: