Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Lila's Nail Salon Party

Lila has never had a friend party for her birthday. We've celebrated with family every year of course, but she has never celebrated with her friends. I knew that planning a party would be tough given that her birthday was on Thanksgiving and we were out of town the weekend before and after. So a few months ago, I asked her if it would be ok with her if we asked 2 friends to go get manicures with us to celebrate her birthday. She said "OH YES!" And I said, "SCORE FOR MOM." 

So the actual party day was a little after her birthday, but it all worked out for everyone. Lila & her friend "I" before their friend "V" arrived. 
The ladies were so nice to Lila & her friends. They all kept saying how cute they were and one of them even came up and gave Lila and hug and kiss. It was very sweet.
They owned the nail salon. The lady did a snowman on one of Lila's fingers and a Christmas tree on the other. It is rock star.


The hardest part was getting them to sit still so their nails could dry. It was a good lesson in beauty takes patience.
After their nails were dry, we headed back to our house for cake and play time. The girls quickly changed into costumes and had the best time playing. Their moms came too and we enjoyed drinking coffee while they played. I said that we will definitely have to do it more often!

Lila has such sweet friends. These three girls have been in the same class for 2 years now. I hope they don't get separated in Kindergarten!

Now that Lila's birthday has finally wrapped up (I feel like we've been celebrating for weeks. Oh wait. We have!), we can move on to thinking about our Christmas baby! A couple very short weeks and our big boy will be 10!

No comments: