Saturday, August 15, 2015

Visitors from Switzerland

Thank you for all of the concern and well wishes for my baby brother. I'm happy to say that he is recovering very well from his snake bite and is still very hilarious. (He was ready for the rodeo here.) 
At the end of last week, Nate, Lila & I went down to Charleston to soak up all the time we could with Emily, Ben, Bluet & Ilona. And yes, somebody always has their clothes off. 
We took a golf cart ride one day and ended up in Hamil's yard. I can't get enough. We are very lucky.

On this day, Lila decided she wanted to get into the pond. I grew up swimming in there, but wouldn't do it now. She even wore a puddle jumper (she can swim) so that she wouldn't touch the bottom at first (it's very muddy). Well. She loved it and quickly shed the flotation device. Nate and Bluet quickly joined her. Thane wandered down from his house to get in with them, but before he could, wasps started coming out of a nest on the dock. After searching for something to spray on them, Hamil brought "something" down to try (not wasp spray, maybe some type of oil:)).

Here is my Dad trying to kill the wasps. Notice everyone else in on the other side of the dock.
It was too much for Nate about 30 seconds later, off he went. :)
So we re-located to Hamil & Sarah's driveway for some pool and crazy coupe fun. Let me tell you what, this boy was SO good with Ilona. He pushed her, swung her, slid with her, played hide and seek with her...you name it. I'm so proud of him for stepping up to play with her.
On Saturday, we had a birthday party for Emily (it's not until September, but we celebrated early). She's turning one of the big ones, but doesn't look a day over 16 to me.
They are the best. I'm so thankful that they make this big trip to come see us. I know it's not easy to do with 2 little kids. We love having them here for so long and I was not ready to see them go.
I guess I was busy talking because I don't have any more pictures from the party. Just this one of Lila finishing her cupcake!
Before they left, Emily, Ben, Scott & I got to go to a ballgame. Heaven, of course.
We also visited our park, where I asked Bluet for a cheese face. She obliged.
Ilona is a thrill seeker like Lila...
Just swingin at Aba's park (I LOVE Aba by the way).
Ugh, tears. Love them. Back to Switzerland they go!

No comments: