Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Hot Cardinal Game

To my 3 readers out there, my apologies (especially you, Penny Lou). Turns out it's hard to squeeze in computer time when your children are home for the summer! 

The day Mimi & Paka left, we took the kids to the ballgame because it was Run the Bases day. Scott and I knew it was going to be hot, so we studied the best place for us to buy tickets. Well. All you need to know is that we miscalculated. And it was hotter than hot. But we still managed to have a good time! It's the Cardinals after all.  
Before venturing into the sauna. I mean, truly. Why does he look 15 already?
They gave away Kolten Wong jerseys to the kids (or Kody Wong as we call him round our house, thanks Hamil). Lila put hers on right away.
In the sauna. It was 1:30 PM, 96 degrees with 3 measly clouds in the sky, and no breeze.
I do believe it was the hottest I've ever been in my life. We were all drenched.
Lila was very drenched because she kept begging Scott to pour water on her. I think she was the smartest of the family.
At one point Nate was so hot, he said "I DON'T EVEN LIKE BASEBALL!!!!!" Oh, hurt my heart:)
We left our seats in the middle of the 7th inning to go line up for run the bases. They were much happier then.
And a little delirious.
It was all worth it though when they got on the field. It brings tears to my eyes that I grew up going to Cardinal baseball games and now here I am with my own kids.
My hot sweethearts...
and the obligatory out-take.

No comments: