Nate had his first swim meet of the season last week. A thunderstorm erupted right after he swam the butterfly, so we were all a little sad when it got called off. Thankfully, they were able to reschedule it for this Tuesday, so he got to finish all the races.
He'll probably shoot me for this picture when he gets around to reading the blog in a few years. But I think he's so handsome. And I'm so proud of the swimmer he is becoming.
Scott & I have been talking to Nate a lot lately about having a competitive nature at the appropriate moments. Competition is a natural part of life and always trying your very best is an important quality to possess in life. For this particular round of races, we told him that we'd like to see him "GET AFTER IT" and swim like someone was chasing him.I didn't know if he would do it. He's sometimes prefers perfect technique than speed. But by golly, he did it. And it was so exciting to see! We were so very proud of his efforts at swim team.
No comments:
Post a Comment