We've of course been talking a lot about Easter's meaning over the last few weeks and I have to brag on Nate because he has asked so many good questions and really tried to "get" Easter this year. Lila has been a good listener too, but it's just a fact that she's 4 and understands on a different level right now.
So on Good Friday at the breakfast table, Nate and I were talking about the word Good and it's meaning. Lila was eating her breakfast quietly and I didn't think she was really listening. I ended my explanation to him with a phrase that I had seen several times over the last week, "It's Friday, but Sunday's a comin!"
It was quiet and Nate was processing.
Lila looked over into my eyes, made her little hand into a fist and said, "Fist bump to that, Mom."
Yes, my dear, you're so right. Fist bump to that.
We shopped our own closets this year for Easter wear. And I think we did a pretty good job. I got this dress for Lila last year, but for some reason I didn't choose for her to wear it on Easter. So add some leggings, and we're in business for another year. Sadly, this will probably be the last smocked anything that she wears. My dress was purple too, so we coordinated well!
Truly. They are truly so funny. Roll the out-take footage... Really? Is something wrong with your eyes?
Like really.
Seriously. Open your eyes.
Okay, eyes open. I have a question!
Mom. Really. Call on me, I have a question?!
Nate telling her to get in line.
Now trying to make her get in line. Does her chin look like a Corse here or what??
And my very personal favorite. I've lost all control.
But, alas, they smiled pretty for at least one picture. We had a great church service and came home to hunt eggs in our backyard. For the 63rd time during the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment