Fall weather showed up on Wednesday last week. The day after Lila and I were drenched in sweat at the Zoo. That's St. Louis weather for ya.
Lila has been asking to wear long sleeved shirts for months. So she was very excited when I told her she could pick one out on Thursday. She picked the outfit I got her in Durham when I was visiting JE back in May.
When we got her boots out, I realized she needed some new ones. Her feet are like all of the sudden 2 sizes bigger than they were last year. So while Scott took Nate to swim team Friday night, we hit up the mall. We were looking for (scratch that, I was looking for...) sparkly or fuzzy boots like she's had in the past. But she insisted on "skinny ones like Mom's." So that's what we got. Skinny ones like mom's. I am totally in for it with her!
Our dear friends Kurt & Robyn came into town on Saturday and we were lucky enough to take in a baseball game with them. It was wonderful to spend time with them and the Cardinals won! It was a little chilly, but I was ready and it wasn't too bad. Scott did a duathlon (run & bike) on Sunday out near the orchard where we go to pick apples in Illinois. So I decided to take the kids apple picking and then we would meet up with Scott for lunch.
We got there at just the right time, the line was all the way around the parking lot when we got finished.
Note: the boots.
I think the artic blast that we had in January hurt Eckert's apple crop this year. It was crowded because I think there weren't too many rows they could send pickers down.
But the kids managed to get some good ones. I'm always careful not to get too many - you can only eat so many apples. Lila sampled a good 50 while we were out there.
Nate has a loose tooth, but he was trying his best to sample one.
Show me your apple. But leave out your face. Followed those instructions to a T.
After we got finished, we hit up the amazing country store they have there. Everything fresh that you could ever want, so we had sandwiches made and ate at one of the picnic tables outside. Gorgeous day! The kids loved these metal Sprite bottles, wonder where I can get some more?
I didn't really feel like making the obligatory apple pie when we got home, but while Nate was at swim team, Lila and I persevered. Glad we did, it was delicious! Another successful apple picking in the books...
No comments:
Post a Comment