Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

Last week was a little crazy around here. As I'm sure it was in just about every household. Every year I say I'm going to be less busy around the holidays and then every year seems to be busier than the last. But we are thankful for all of the "stuff" that fills our days! 

I left for Miami on Tuesday and was sad to leave during such a busy week, but was secretly really looking forward to some 85 degree weather! Scott was off a couple of extra days so I knew the kids would be in good hands. My work meetings went well, but I found myself staring outside at the 85 degree weather!! I did get a chance to sit by the pool a couple of times soaking up the sun. It felt wonderful, even if I was still in my work clothes. I came home Thursday just in time to see Nate at his winter concert. 

I know this picture is awful. Apparently I need a telephoto to get the stage. But Nate had a speaking part. When he came home and told me he volunteered to speak about a month ago, my stomach started hurting. You know how you get so nervous for your child but are so proud at the same time? Yeah, that was me X 100. Nate used to be so shy, but has really grown out of that stage. No thanks to me I'm sure:) 

Anyway, after fretting about it for weeks (me of course), he did absolutely perfect. He wasn't nervous at all. Definitely not my child! Scott kept telling me not to impress my fears on him...but I couldn't help but ask him if he realized there would actually be PEOPLE in the audience. Growth. On everyone's part. Especially me...
On Friday, we had some more yucky weather, so the kids and I watched Christmas movies and ate pizza before calling it a night. Then on Saturday, after much debate, because we got more snow (UGH), I decided to take the kids to my parents because we were going to be down in that area on Sunday anyway doing one of our Christmas traditions. And we desperately needed an activity. 

Why yes, she IS wearing Christmas pajamas! They are 90% of her at home wardrobe right now.
My Dad showing Lila and Thane the fish. Thane loves his cousins and Lila loves having a follower. That will probably only last for a few more months:)
 
On Sunday, we went to the River Ridge Winery where they have a beautiful Christmas shop. We've been going for several years and I love this tradition! Sarah's Mom, Cathie, couldn't join us this year (Get Well Soon!) so it was just the kids and I, Sarah, Thane and my Mom.



We had a good time picking out ornaments and having lunch. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: