Thursday, November 14, 2013

Freezer Cooking by Scott

Recently, Scott had a reason to cook several meals for one of his co-workers who was experiencing some tough life events. He did all the shopping, cooking and packaging. I provided him the recipes for some of our freezer meals but other than a few hints here and there, he did all of it himself.

Since then, he has been wanting to do another freezer cooking session for us because it does make you feel kinda accomplished. I gladly welcome the help, but was not getting my hopes up because in order to do freezer cooking in my old kitchen (which is the size of a postage stamp), you pretty much have to be the only one in the house. Which let's face it, doesn't happen very often.

But he was insistent this past weekend. So of course I wasn't going to say no.

After everything was finished and packed away, he told me that he put his initials on the meals he cooked. I laughed. He told me he did it so that when he was working and I pulled out a ready-made meal, that I could not be irritated at him that he wasn't here for dinner.

I think it's very sweet and very hilarious all at the same time.

No comments: