Monday, May 6, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away!

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day. K? Thanks. 

It was another rainy, cold (for this time of year) weekend. We snuggled inside on Friday night and watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Nate has been reading it at school and wanted to watch it again. I love that movie. And now I'll be singing the Oompa Loompa song for days. 

On Saturday, we visited Tasha, Joe, and their kiddos in Jeff City. I did not take a single picture. Shame on me. We all had a good time and it was so nice to catch up with friends. It was rainy and cold that day too, in case you were wondering. 

Sunday was more of the same weather - thankfully Nate had a birthday party to attend so that he could run out some energy. He went home with a friend afterwards, so Lila and I walked down to get him later, partially in the rain. She had been asking to go outside all weekend so I just couldn't say no. It was warmer than it had been all weekend and was actually pretty nice. Besides the rain. She enjoyed jumping in the mud puddles. 

It was Cinco De Mayo and I really wanted Mexican. So we trekked out in the rain to Mi Ranchito at 5:30. I just knew if we got there early, we could get a table. Um. No. Not only could we not get a table, we could barely get in and out of the parking lot. So our busted Cinco De Mayo dinner turned out to be Bread Company. They didn't see to mind. 
Nate has 2nd grade orientation this week. He already told me not to cry. I told him that I was absolutely going to cry so he better start preparing:) 

1 comment:

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

I loved catching up on your blog, Ab! It is all fantastic, except for your recent weather of course. I especially loved seeing you and your family hanging out at your grandparents' house. It is awesome to see that Hamil and Sarah have given it new life. Many happy memories there . . . .