When we are free, I've been taking Lila to story time at Barnes & Noble on Fridays. It is something for us to do and she actually really likes it. I was trying to get her to show me how cute she looked before we left, but she declined.
This is Ms. T. As I wrote about before, she's been doing story time since Nate was Lila's age and we would go from time to time. There is comfort in things that don't change. Last Friday, Lila decided she would listen to the story from the stage. Thankfully Ms. T is very laid back.
After the story is over and the coloring page has been colored (Lila especially likes this part because Ms. T. lets her get as many colors as she wants from the big box of crayons), we head over to the Elmo books and she plops down to read. This week she loved the new Brown Bear book - where the next animal appears in a slide back window. So cool! If we didn't already have 15 copies of this book, I would totally buy it!I think Barnes & Noble is awesome for having this story time and allowing kids to read books from the shelves. We never get a nasty look, in fact they encourage you to stay awhile. Of course they do, it's all in their business model. But as long as you don't succumb to any purchasing pressure from B&N or Starbucks, this is a totally free activity!
No comments:
Post a Comment