This set of Santa & Mrs. Claus were my Aunt Mil's. Her dear friend Marvis made them for her many years ago. Nate adores them. I love that he knows just how special they are. They have been decorating his bed side table next to his Christmas tree but on Saturday, he brought them out into the living room, which I thought was perfect for a photo op.
We tried to get Lila to stand with him by the window, but the truth is, Santa & Mrs. Claus kind of scare her. So she wasn't having it. We had to settle for the tree instead. I think it worked. As we head into the home stretch of celebrating Nate's birthday and Christmas, I am so incredibly thankful for my little family. We are remembering to love one another deeply each and every day.
Our thoughts are with those that have suffered unimaginable tragedy this week. The sadness is overwhelming for even those of us who are not directly affected by the evil that has transpired. We pray that peace covers all of the families as they move through life in the coming days. And we will hug each other a little tighter and be patient and kind to everyone we touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment