Monday, November 12, 2012

Park: Take 2

We had a busy weekend, and I managed to not take many pictures, but here are a couple for the grandparents.
 
We went to the park on Friday afternoon to soak up some of the last 70 degree days I think we'll see for a bit. It was another gorgeous fall day - windy but not cold and colored leaves falling everywhere. I prefer the library park to our park down the street. Of course our park is more convenient but the library park has so much to do and it is all enclosed, so I don't have to worry about a kid (ahem, 1 kid) running off into the street while watching the other kid climb tall objects.

Lila will be 2 very soon.  She has finally gotten the hang of answering "2" when you ask her how old she will be on her birthday. The previous answer was "Strawberry" because that's what we taught her to say when we asked "What will you be for Halloween?" Same difference to her.
We put up our Christmas decorations this weekend. Since we'll be busy for the next few weekends and Thanksgiving is not at my house, I figured why not. It feels good to have it done, not that I do that much, but getting it all out and the mess it makes is not something that I look forward to...Now that's done and we can enjoy it for a little longer this year. The kids love the tree and all the ornaments and I think I've taught Lila not to break my snowman figurines. I think.
 
If I can only make it until New Year's without losing my mind over the falling pine needles. No, we don't  have a real tree. But our fake one sheds nonetheless. I hope my kids don't think I'm Scrooge for trying to keep them off the tree! 

No comments: