I was trying to explain big problems and little problems to Nate last night. Something that was dear to him broke (probably at the hands of Lila) and he was inconsolably sad. We talked about how it was OK to be sad about this "thing" but that it was really classified as a little problem, especially because Scott & I were committed to helping him fix it.
I'm not sure I got my point across but as I was discussing all the "things" we do have right now - like "Is your family safe?" and "Do we have a house to live in?" and "Did we have dinner on the table tonight?" and "Do you have a warm cozy bed to sleep in?" - to which all the answers are a resounding YES - I thought that I could really take a little of my own advice.
During this time of Thanksgiving, our family has so much to be thankful for...in addition to our health and the awesome fact that we have each other, there are many other blessings to name. Parents, Siblings, Extended Families, Old Friends, New Friends, Door Openings. Door Closings. Opportunities. Choices. Hope. Just to name a few. We are truly truly blessed and I strive to remember this fact each and every day, not just at Thanksgiving.
As many of you already know, we have a most recent blessing in our family. Scott will be taking a position at St. Louis Children's Hospital in the inpatient pharmacy in the next few weeks. It is an exciting and wonderful opportunity for him and our family. And way more than we were expecting it to be, and then some. Not only will he be working with children, he will get to continue his research at Wash U and have exposure to the St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Please join me in congratulating him on this huge accomplishment. We are all so proud of him and his perserverance to get to this point. The road was not always paved and it certainly wasn't always easy. But as I have a history of saying, "If it were easy, everybody would be doing it."
We love you, Scotty.
Here's to a fabulous Thanksgiving! From our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful day!
1 comment:
Great conversation. Great Mom. Cheers to your sweet Hubby!
Post a Comment