Dear Sweet Nate,
Six years ago on this day, Dad & I went to the hospital very early in the morning (Debbie was there too). It was chilly that day, but I didn't notice much because I was very ready to meet you. When we got to the hospital, a nurse took me in a wheelchair up to a room. This would be the room where Dad & I would meet you. The doctors and nurses thought you were going to be there very soon, but it turns out, you wanted to wait all day to meet us. That was okay, because it gave Mimi & Paka and Aunt Amanda & Uncle David time to get to the hospital.
At 7:40 PM, you were born. You weighed 7 lbs 5 oz (less that Lila:) and were 20 inches long. I didn't think you looked like Dad & I at all at first. But of course, you really look like me now!
After you were born, we all rested for a few hours because Mom was very tired. I was so happy that you had arrived and was a little scared and nervous to have a baby. Before you came, it was just me & Dad (and Kitty Paus). You are the one person in this whole wide world who made me become a mom. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished in your 6 years. You are a smart, strong-willed, kind and funny big boy. I love you so much and look forward to all that this next year brings for you. Happy Birthday, my sweet Nate P. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment