Monday, June 30, 2008

Surprise!

What a crazy weekend! I knew my parents and my brother were coming to town to celebrate my birthday on Sunday, but my sister, Emily, decided to fly in and SURPRISE me on Saturday! It meant so much to me to hang out with my family at our house this weekend. We went to the zoo on Saturday afternoon and grilled out back at the house. Thanks to all of you for making my birthday very special!

Emily will kill me for posting this picture of her talking, but it is the only one I could get!


I've been trying to get this picture of Nate at the zoo for several weeks, but he never seems to want to look at me...he did on Saturday. He loves to sit on this giant bug.
Nate's new favorite thing at the zoo is the dinosaurs...a traveling exhibit that will be there until Labor Day. His precious Debbie joined us to view the gigantic T-Rex - Nate's absolute favorite!


Here is Hamil helping Nate with his shoes at lunch...funny how my mom and I decided to sit on one side of the table and left Hamil with Nate on the other side! They both handled it well!


And to finish up our weekend, Nate made it out of the house without an important article of clothing...here he is telling me how unecessary that piece of clothing is...

2 comments:

Amanda Odom said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday. I am glad you received our phone call and present. I know it was special to have your family with you. Fun times. That picture of Nate on the bug is great!

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

Pants are optional around our house. Charlie "forgets" his often when heading out in the yard to play with our neighbors. They have nicknamed him Captain Underpants!