Normally on President's Day weekend, we go on a trip since the kids have Friday and Monday off from school. But this year was a little different...Scott went to upstate New York to visit his Grandmother and lots of Boyle family. So the kids and I went to Charleston for a couple days to see this one and his brother and parents. Isn't he sweet??
When we arrived on Friday, my mom showed me these pictures that she found in some old newspapers at the library when she was researching something else.This is me, age 11, with some awesome hair. But ignore that. This was my dog, Jill, who I adored. And entered into the Dog Show at the Azalea Festival where she won Most Pointed Tail. Loved seeing this. I had forgotten about that hairstyle. Thanks for reminding me, Mom.
If you're not from a small town, then you probably can't even fathom the hilarity that small town newspapers possess. I didn't know it was all so hilarious until I went to college and everyone would gather around my room when the paper arrived to read about the giant tomato that had been grown in someone's backyard. Breaking news, I tell ya.
This picture of my darling Grandpa was on the same page as the picture of me above. He had shot a turkey that day (a 20 pounder!) and they put him in the paper. My favorite part of this (besides seeing my Grandpa dressed in his hunting gear, which is so familiar to me) is the text that they were waiting on one of his good friends, Marion Waggener, to call in his turkey. To see if it was shot earlier or was bigger than 20 pounds. Because, of course.
We loved playing with this little one too...feet on the counter eating a peanut butter sandwich. Only at Nana's house.
After we made a stop in Cape to visit my Grandma and see the movie, Kung Fu Panda 3, we headed back to St. Louis on Saturday evening. We woke up Sunday morning and the kids found some Valentine goodies from Mom & Dad.
I made them heart pancakes and we watched it snow buckets. Then we made the sad decision that we couldn't go to church. It was super cold and they were not clearing the streets. I just didn't feel comfortable loading the kids up and venturing out when Scott was out of town.
So we stayed home all day and did every art project known to civilization, including making cards for Grandma saying how much we enjoyed our visit.
We also did a lot of resting, Kitty P loves when I lay in my bed. I kind of love of it too, Kitty P.
I think Spring is coming, I really do. And we really can't complain all that much about this winter. But if it could hurry up, I'd be ever so appreciative.
No comments:
Post a Comment