I'm a little bit shocked that I've been able to keep up the reading gig. I'd like to say I read a little each day. But I don't. I am the knock a book out when I'm traveling kind of girl. So I thought I would share what's been on my reading list lately.
I have to admit I was not super excited about this book when my book club picked it. Once again, it didn't seem like something I would choose to read. And once again, I was wrong. I really enjoyed the story. It got off to a slow, sad start for me, but I persevered and ended up being very taken with the story line. It's a long read, but an interesting one.
 |
| Photo credit: Amazon |
This next one was by the same author that wrote "Devil in the White City." Which I loved. He's got a very interesting writing style, alternating between 2 stories about real life events. The wording is heavy in places and I don't consider it a light read, but I would recommend it - especially if you like history. Which I do.
 |
| Photo Credit: Amazon |
Oh my word. First let me say I'm not finished with this book yet. I just started it. But I don't want to put it down! I was waiting on dinner to be finished up one night when I decided to just read the first couple pages to see if I was going to like it. Well let's just say, Nate had to come remind me it was dinner time! I think I'm gonna love it. And it's written about a town in way SE Missouri so the town names are familiar. I never thought I'd be reading about Hayti in a novel:)
 |
| Photo Credit: Amazon |
All reviews are my own and not solicited.
No comments:
Post a Comment