I like to think that I am a bargain shopper. I do seem to find some good bargains from time to time and I LOVE to cut coupons...it has been a life long passion of mine, at least since I could use scissors. But my love for bargains has never included asking for discounts, and I am a no-haggle buyer, which is why I like Car-Max so much...another story for a different day.
Anyway, a few weeks ago Nate and I were in World Market. They were having a furniture sale and I had been keeping my eye out for a new coffee table. Our old one had just seen better days and it was to the point that I couldn't even make it look a lot better with polish. Now for those of you that have seen our old coffee table, it has a one of a kind feature. The top lifted up so that you could sit on the couch and pull it up to you to eat, study, whatever. And that was really cool, 9 years ago. Scott loved it and honestly hated to part with it. But the truth is, we haven't used it very much since Nate was born because we now eat at the dining room table instead.
Long long story short, I mean long...I wanted to buy this table a few weeks ago but they were out of stock. So I went back this weekend to check and see if they got more in. The nice man at World Market told me that it was discontinued and that the floor model was the only one they had left. He said I could buy it. Initially, I turned away. I mean, I wasn't going to spend money on a floor model that had a few scratches in it. But then I said, "Well how much is the floor model." He said he'd have to check. He came back and said, "I can let you have it for $62.49." (original price $249.99)
Oh well, in that case, let me call my husband (who happened to be at PetSmart next door) and see if he can fix the scratches. Truly, Scott can fix anything.
We got the table and Scott didn't disappoint. Now you might say it looks alot like our old table, and you would be right. Scott couldn't part with the old end tables just yet so the new table had to match. But maybe if I could get a discount...mmmmm....I'll have to think on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment