Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Enjoy the Ride

One day last week when we were coming home from school I was doing the typical Mom commentary...How was your day? What did you eat? What books did you read? Were all your friends there today? After Nate answered "Good" to the first question, he said in an ever-so-polite voice, "Mom, if you don't mind, I'd just like to enjoy the ride."

Okay sweet boy, I said, trying to ignore the fact that he might have just told me that he didn't want to talk to me. But he said it so politely, I laughed and moved on. And maybe I should learn a lesson from this little boy that I don't have to talk all the time, that sometimes it is good to be still and enjoy the ride. Lessons learned from a 3-year old, who is seriously too big in these pictures.



1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I'm with Nate...I'm usually the one saying "let's just enjoy the ride" while Brady's asking a million and 4 questions. heehee